Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's the best software for painting in the computer?

The top two are Photoshop and Painter, though I'm thinking it's not a matter of tools, but the user. Whichever works for you. :)What's the best software for painting in the computer?
Adobe and Paint Shop Pro. One is for Mac's (Adobe) and the other is for general computers (Paint Shop).


I use Paint Shop and love it!!What's the best software for painting in the computer?
adobe photoshop cs 8 or newer versions....
I am a Paintshop Pro fan myself. I find it very intuitive to work with. The only compalint I have is that the window border resizes when you use the zoom tool. Its a minor annoyance though.





I have Painter Essentials which is neat in that it specifically aims to give artists digital tools that mimic real world tools. There are sets of brushes that mimic pencil, oil, watercolor, etc.





Photoshop is definitely the standard. It has so much power that it comes ith a steep pricetag and learning curve. I have the Photoshop Essentials and never get beyond five minutes with it without feeling lost.





If you want to give a nice free, but powerful, graphics program a try, download a copy of GIMP. It is open source so there is no software cripple or annoying advertisement trying to force you to buy.





If you want to take alook at digital paintings and be able to ask what software was used, I suggest visiting DeviantArt and use the category search tool. They have a category for digital that gets lots of uploads. I have a DA account. If you want to see some digital paintings using Paintshop Pro, feel free to browse my gallery. Here is the link: http://armoorefam.deviantart.com/





Another busy place with a digital artist channel is Wet Canvas.
If you are serious about digital art, then go to where you may acquire a digital tablet to draw directly into your computer.


At the bottom I leave you the addy.





The program that comes with this tablet is ';Painter'; and is a special program created by CORELdraw and is simply superb for this type of art.


I cannot go into all the varieties in this program,...but it is the finest along with Paint Shop Pro for developing anything in the digital field, especially if you wish to get into 'giclee'; printing!


I have it and I enjoy it! I print my own art for sale and you may see it ALL on my website!


There is a fantastic Club to join that has many many tutorials to teach you ALL of this. I hope you go see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment