Saturday, February 27, 2010

Does anyone sell software (CDs or DVDs) containing every painting and drawing from all the great artists?

Or ';just about'; all of them? I know it is possible to find many many paintings and drawings (I'm talking about reproductions to look at on the computer, not purchasing actual prints). But it will take a lot of time to compile all of these paintings and drawings. I have looked through and read many books about paintings and painters, but I would like to have them stored on disc. Preferably I would like to be able to view each painting or drawing individually and be able to zoom in on it and zoom out. I would like to be able to sort through the whole database using filters such as ';artist';, ';subject';, ';medium';, ';year';, etc. I would also like it to have an explanation with each picture, though that is not as important to me as the inclusion of many pictures.


I wouldn't mind finding software that also includes architecture and sculpture as well.Does anyone sell software (CDs or DVDs) containing every painting and drawing from all the great artists?
No. Really there isn't one.





This is because of copyright stuff. Making one comprehensive DVD or whatever containing all (great) works of art would be impossible to finance and very very expensive to market. Usually museums sell stuff like this for just their museum and even they can not put all of their collection in there because of copyright issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment